Late afternoon I felt like having a nice feast with the family, not being prepared I had to grab anything I could get my hands on. I went for a pack of chicken breasts, some beet root salad, ready mash and coleslaw.
Here's what I did…
Ingredients for chicken breasts
4 chicken breasts, washed
5 cloves of garlic cut into small pieces
2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon salt
2 tablespoons of pepper
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of crushed green chillies
Whilst chicken is cooking add:
1 small red onion
1/2 red pepper (capsicum)
Small chucks of butter for chicken
1) Combine all the ingredients (minus chicken) together in a bowl and mix up.
2) Add the chicken breasts into the bowl and mix all ingredients over the chicken. Then refrigerate for 1-2 hours before cooking.
3) Grease a glass tray with extra oil and place the chicken in the oven, gas mark 5 (200 degrees) and cook for 30 mins.
4) Keep turning the chicken so it cooks well.
5) 30 mins into cooking add red onions, red peppers and sliced butter on top of the chicken so the juices release.
6) Once the butter has melted and onions, peppers are caramelized, serve.
This chicken goes well with mash potato, salad and coleslaw.